Create! Magazine is an international, independent print art magazine.
Helping fellow artists is our passion. Our goal is to create a welcoming community through our print issues and online galleries. Aside from releasing our bimonthly editions, we promote artists on our website, social media and connect them to opportunities and gallery exhibitions.
Each beautifully crafted edition features inspiring interviews, perspectives, and advice from the top creative professionals. We dedicate a significant portion of the publication to an array of artists selected by guest curators through our calls for art and contests.
We are passionate about providing opportunities for emerging and mid-career artists. Each issue is filled with vibrant contemporary art, craft, design, and inspiring stories of the makers behind it.
Create! Magazine has been featured by The Jealous Curator, Art Miami Fairs, Apartment Therapy and more.
Available in select bookstores internationally (current shops).
Founded by Ekaterina Popova
Create! Magazine is pleased to announce an open call for the May/June print issue curated by Paradigm Gallery + Studio. Selected artists will be published in our international print issue. In addition, published artists may be invited to participate in a group exhibition in 2020 in Philadelphia.
Paradigm Gallery + Studio®
Jason Chen and Sara McCorriston
Paradigm Gallery + Studio® exhibits contemporary artwork from around the world with a focus on Philadelphia-based artists. Established February 2010, the gallery began as a project between co-founders and curators, Jason Chen and Sara McCorriston, as a space in which to create artwork, to exhibit the work of their peers, and to invite the members of the community to create and collect in a welcoming gallery setting. To this day the gallery still aims to welcome all collectors, from first time to lifelong, and continues to support accessible work that welcomes a wide audience.
ELIGIBILITY: All international artists 18 and older, of all genders, ethnicities and from all backgrounds are welcome to apply. We accept works in any medium: painting, sculpture, digital, printmaking, fiber, photography, mixed media, installation and more. A university degree is not required to participate in our open call.
SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS: 3+ jpeg images, a text document with a bio and artist statement, website or social media link, email address. Please see form for further details.
SUBMISSION FEE: $30 for 3 images, $40 for 5 images, $45 for 10 images (non-refundable). Fees support our art community and help provide additional opportunities for artists. If you are unable to pay the jury fee, we would love for you to submit to our always-free blog at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we may consider it for other opportunities.
SELECTED ARTISTS: Artists selected by the guest juror will receive a 2-page spread including a brief bio, website, and 2 images in print and digital formats. Published artists will receive a complimentary digital issue and will be listed with images, details and information on our website/social media for life. All featured artists will automatically be considered for any upcoming curatorial projects and exhibitions organized by our team.
WHERE TO FIND: Copies will be available in our online shop and at several global retail locations in London, New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Amsterdam, Stockholm, Philadelphia, Ft. Lauderdale, Wilmington (DE), and more.
SUBMISSION FEE: $30 for 3 images (non-refundable)*
ELIGIBILITY: All international artists 18 and older, of all genders, ethnicities and from all backgrounds are welcome to apply with works in any medium: painting, sculpture, digital, printmaking, fiber, photography, mixed media, installation and more. A fine art degree is not required to participate in our open call.
Deadline: March 31, 2019
Sell Your Work Through a New Gallery and Online Platform
PxP Contemporary is pleased to announce an open call for emerging artists looking to sell work via a new online gallery and curatorial platform, launching in 2019.
Working with Create! Magazine over the years has introduced co-founders Alicia Puig and Ekaterina Popova to incredible artists and collectors alike, and we are thrilled to be connecting the two through PxP Contemporary. Our gallery will feature rotating exhibitions along with themed collections and we are planning additional curated projects as well as art fairs for the future. Initially, we will be seeking to represent a small group of approximately ten artists. These artists’ works will be promoted during the launch of our first group show and then regularly via our website, email newsletters, solo or group exhibitions, and social media channels.
Information and eligibility
- Artists 18+ working in any medium are welcome to submit work that is currently available for sale and is priced between $100-$2000 retail value.
- A fine art degree is not required to participate in our open call.
- Please only enter artworks that are not reserved by any other gallery or booked for exhibitions within a six month period. If work is selected by our curatorial team, artists will be contacted for additional information, images and also be asked to sign a contract.
- Gallery artists should prepare quality photographs of each work that will be featured on our website, including images of the sides and details, in order for potential buyers to have a complete visual representation of your piece.
- On any works sold via our platform, the gallery will charge a 30% commission and the artist will receive 70%.
- The buyer of the artwork will cover shipping costs based on a calculated formula of weight and the intended destination.
- Artists will then be responsible for properly packing the sold work according to our specific instructions and industry standards as well as taking it to a postal location.
- Artwork will be sold as is with no refunds (hence the emphasis on accurate, high-resolution images of your work) and artists will be paid promptly upon the buyer receiving the piece.
- All art will be insured when shipping to protect both parties.
- Works will be offered unframed unless it is a part of the piece or is requested by the buyer. In this case, we will coordinate the extra costs with the client.
PLEASE PREPARE THE FOLLOWING FOR YOUR APPLICATION:
- Artist Statement and Artist Biography
- Artist Resume
- Up to ten (10) images of completed past artworks
- Please submit only jpg files
- Images should be no more than 5MB in file size
- File Name: Images should be titled in the following manner: Last Name, First Name, a number corresponding to the image description sheet (For example: DoeJane01; DoeJane02; etc.)
- Annotated Image List: Title of work, Dimensions, Medium, Year of Completion, Price
- A non-refundable submission fee of $10 for up to ten images is required
We will continue to review applications on a rolling basis, but the deadline for the initial round of represented artists and the first group exhibition will be May 1, 2019.
Thank you and we look forward to reviewing your work. Email questions to: email@example.com
Website coming soon: www.pxpcontemporary.com