Create! Magazine is an independent contemporary arts magazine, curators and platform focused on highlighting the work of talented emerging and mid-career creatives from across the globe. We are pleased to announce our next juried call for artists for a custom designed two-page spread in our publication (both print & digital) that will feature your artist biography, website, and two images of your artwork.
Have your work seen by our 200,000 + readers and followers around the world, including leading galleries, art fairs, collectors, curators, writers, art consultants, and more. Don’t miss this opportunity to put your work out there and connect with a new audience to elevate your incredible art.
Create! Magazine has been featured by Colossal, Showfields, The Jealous Curator, Art Miami Fairs, Apartment Therapy, Monocle Radio, My Modern Met, Positively Creative Podcast, I Like Your Work Podcast, Art She Says, Superfine Art Fairs and more.
Call For Art
Create! Magazine is thrilled to invite visual artists to submit their work to a juried international virtual exhibition curated by Erika B Hess, painter, curator and host of the podcast I Like Your Work.
After a series of setbacks or a difficult season as artists, we often use our work to rise again. Art can be a form of healing, processing current events, or overcoming a personal struggle. What does it mean for you to rise again and again? What role does art play in your resiliency?
We are thrilled to invite you to participate in our juried virtual exhibition exploring this topic. We welcome all media, and the theme is open to the artist's interpretation.
About Our Guest Curator
Erika b Hess
Erika b Hess is a painter, curator and host of the podcast I Like Your Work. Hess’s work includes paintings and drawings about gender, motherhood and the environment. She is represented by Contemporary Art Matters in Columbus, OH. Recent exhibitions include “Summer in the City” curated by Contemporary Art Matters and an upcoming solo exhibition at Marietta College. Hess’s work has been exhibited nationally including NYC, Brooklyn, Detroit, L.A., Boston and Philadelphia.
Her work has been featured in various publications and she has served on panels such as Cleveland Institute of Art’s, “Feminism Now: Exposing the Truth”, Boston University, “Building Collaborative Art Spaces”, and is frequently lectures at colleges such as Wellesley University, Massachusetts College of Art & Design, Missouri State University, Eastern Michigan University, and many others.
In addition to her artwork, Hess is an active juror and curator for various publications and institutions. Hess was a co-founder of Musa Collective, an artist collective in Boston and is the creator and host of I Like Your Work podcast, a podcast dedicated to interviewing artists, curators and collectors. She currently writes an art column for Art SHE Makes Magazine.
Hess received her MFA from Boston University.
About Create! Magazine
Create! Magazine was originally published in 2013 out of the need for emerging artists to showcase their work. Through collaborations with leading galleries, art fairs, curators, and art world professionals, we have grown into a powerful platform that is deeply committed to supporting emerging artists on their path to success and helping them achieve greater visibility in the art world.
This professionally curated exhibition will be made available to viewers and collectors virtually through our website. We will highlight individual selected works by each artist from the show on our social media profiles: Instagram 182k+ followers and Facebook 54k+ followers.
Create! Magazine has previously partnered with Colossal, Superfine Art Fairs, Art Miami Fairs, Affordable Art Fair, The Jealous Curator, Showfields, and more. We have curated exhibitions in national universities and galleries such as Hastings College and Paradigm Gallery and are now excited to extend this opportunity to our international community of artists online.
Please note that there is a curatorial fee that goes towards supporting our community and helping provide opportunities for artists, writers, and curators. If you are unable to pay at this time, we understand and urge you to apply to our blog instead. Remember that you may always submit to our blog for free, and we will be happy to review your work. Send 3-5 images, your artist biography, statement, and website. Please use the free blog form on Submittable.
APPLICATION: You must complete the application via Submittable to be eligible for this opportunity. Please read the format requirements carefully to avoid errors with the form. Send any questions or concerns you may have via email to email@example.com.
ELIGIBILITY: Artists from any country are welcome to apply with works in any medium: painting, sculpture, digital, printmaking, fiber, photography, mixed media, installation, and more. The broad theme, “Rise” is open to the artist’s interpretation.
- Artists may submit up to 10 individual (different artworks) pieces of work for consideration.
- Artists must ensure high quality of images, and we recommend 300 dpi jpeg.
- Artwork images and bio must be uploaded directly to the form below.
- Bio and statement must be under 300 words each.
- Artwork does not have to be for sale.
Entry Deadline: October 30, 2021
All artists will be notified of the curator’s final decisions by December 30, 2021. If your work is selected, you will receive further information at that time. All selected work will be on display online in the winter 2022, details TBA. Artists will receive a permanent post on Create! Magazine’s website along with a spot in the virtual exhibition (dates TBA).
- Submission fee is $30 (non-refundable)
- The limit of submitted artworks is 10
- Bio word limit 300 Statement word limit 300
AGREEMENT: Create! Magazine reserves the right to use images of the artwork on their website and social media. By submitting artwork via this call, the artist agrees to the terms outlined above. Artist retains full copyright of the work. Images will not be used by Create! Magazine aside from the exhibition, interviews, and social media posts without the artists consent.
Online Submission Guidelines For Artists
Create! Magazine welcomes blog submissions from artists, makers, designers and more.
Please send your work to the form below to be featured.
Published artists will be promoted through our website, as well as features on social media. Artists may be contacted for an exclusive interview or highlight in our bimonthly print issues.
For Instagram features use #createmag #createmagazine or contact us for sponsored post rates
- 5-10 jpeg images
- Website or link to social media
- Written bio and/or statement
Due to high volume, artists will only be notified if their work is accepted via e-mail or tagged on social media.
WE ARE PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE AN OPEN CALL FOR EMERGING ARTISTS LOOKING TO SELL WORK WITH PXP CONTEMPORARY, AN ONLINE GALLERY AND CURATORIAL PLATFORM.
PxP Contemporary is pleased to announce a new call for artists for potential representation, special collections, and exhibition invitations in 2021! The gallery saw incredible growth this year and we're excited to continue to build our platform and support more emerging artists in the year ahead. We have primarily shown painting, sculpture, prints, photography, digital art, and embroidery in the past but are open to any media and also those who create handcrafted goods for our Maker of the Month collections. We look forward to reviewing your submissions and hope to work with you in the future!
Information and eligibility
- Artists 18+ working in any medium are welcome to submit work that is currently available for sale and is priced between $100-$2500 retail value. We keep artist submissions on file and consider applicants for any future projects and exhibitions.
- A fine art degree is not required to participate in our open call. This is an open call with no specific theme.
- Please only enter artworks that would not be reserved by any other gallery or booked for exhibitions within our three-month consignment period if selected. This timeframe is flexible if the artist's works are chosen solely for an online show with the gallery. If work is selected by our curatorial team, artists will be contacted for additional information, images and also be asked to sign a contract.
- Artists do not have to only submit works that are currently available for sale since we want you to show us your best work, however, we will only exhibit art that can be purchased on our site.
- Gallery artists should prepare quality photographs of each work that will be featured on our website, including images of the sides and details, in order for potential buyers to have a complete visual representation of your piece.
- On any works sold via our platform, the gallery will charge a 30% commission and the artist will receive 70%. Gallery commission should not be added to the artist's normal selling price - no exceptions.
- The buyer of the artwork will cover shipping costs based on a calculated formula of weight and the intended destination.
- Artists will then be responsible for properly packing the sold work according to our specific instructions and industry standards as well as taking it to a postal location.
- Artwork will be sold as is with no refunds (hence the emphasis on accurate, high-resolution images of your work) and artists will be paid promptly upon the buyer receiving the piece.
- All art will be insured when shipping to protect both parties.
- Works are generally offered unframed unless it is a part of the piece or is requested by the buyer. In this case, we will coordinate the extra costs with the client.
PLEASE PREPARE THE FOLLOWING FOR YOUR APPLICATION:
- Artist Statement and Artist Biography as a Word Document
- Artist Resume
- Up to ten (10) images of completed artworks
- Please submit only jpg files
- Images should be no more than 1MB in file size
- File Name: Images should be titled in the following manner: First Name-Last Name-Art-Title-a number corresponding to the image description sheet (For example: Jane-Doe-Art-Title-01; Jane-Doe-Art-Title-02; etc.)
- Annotated Image List: Title of work, Dimensions, Medium, Year of Completion, Price
- A non-refundable submission fee of $10 for up to ten images is required.
We will continue to review applications on a rolling basis until the deadline of December 31st, 2021.