Create! Magazine is an independent contemporary arts magazine focused on highlighting the work of talented emerging and mid-career creatives from across the globe. We are pleased to announce our next call for artists for a custom designed two-page spread in our publication (both print & digital) that will feature your artist biography, website, and two images of your artwork.
Have your work seen by our 170,000+ readers and followers around the world, including leading galleries, art fairs, collectors, curators, writers, art consultants, and more. Don’t miss this opportunity to put your work out there and connect with a new audience!
Create! Magazine has been featured by The Jealous Curator, Art Miami Fairs, Apartment Therapy, Monocle Radio, Thrive Art Studio, My Modern Met, Positively Creative Podcast, I Like Your Work Podcast, and more.
Available in select bookstores internationally (current shops).
Create! Magazine is pleased to announce an international open call for the summer print issue juried by the TAX Collection, plus a launch party in NYC!
Guest Curators: TAX Collection
The TAX Collection is a multimedia platform dedicated to exposing the world to today's most inspiring artists and creatives. By creating space not only in the digital world, but also the physical, we act as a catalyst for collaboration and communication between artists, their audiences, and collectors. Through exhibitions, diverse projects, and publications, we maintain our commitment to the support and promotion of the artist - for the sake of the art. Without the 'artist' there would be no 'art'.
The TAX Collection was created in 2015 by Max Berman and Tanner Steslow out of a spirit of recognition for emerging artists and a new generation of creatives working across digital and physical mediums. Since our inception, the platform quickly gained a large following and blossomed into a community of artists and their fans, galleries, and collectors, from all corners of the world under the common cause of empowering the artist and championing freedom of expression. We hope you join us in our exploration of the ever-inspiring phenomenon that is art.
Eligibility and Requirements
ELIGIBILITY: Artists from any country 21 and older are welcome to apply with works in any medium: painting, sculpture, digital, printmaking, fiber, photography, mixed media, installation and more. A university degree is not required to participate in our open call.
SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS: 3+ jpeg images of individual artworks, a text document with a bio and artist statement, website or social media link, and your email address. Please see our Submittable form for further details.
SUBMISSION FEE: $35 for 3 images of individual artworks (non-refundable*)
*Fees go towards supporting our art community and helping provide opportunities for artists. If you are unable to pay the fee at this time, you may always submit to our blog for free and we will be happy to review your work. Please send images plus your artist biography, statement, and website to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SELECTED ARTISTS: If your work is selected by our guest jurors, you will receive a custom-designed two-page spread in both the print and digital versions of the magazine that will include your artist biography, website, and two images. Published artists will be sent a complimentary digital issue and will be listed as a participating artist in your issue on both our website and social media. We also promote artists individually via the blog and social media posts that reach over 170,000 total followers worldwide. All featured artists will automatically be considered for any upcoming curatorial projects, not limited to art fairs, exhibitions, and gallery projects organized by our team.
WHERE TO FIND: Print copies of Create! Magazine are available in our online shop and at several global retail locations in London, New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, Amsterdam, Stockholm, Ft. Lauderdale, Wilmington (DE), and more. Digital issues can always be purchased on our website.
Deadline: April 30, 2020 (Midnight EST)
Have a question? We are here to help! Please review our FAQS or send us an e-mail to email@example.com.
WE ARE PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE AN OPEN CALL FOR EMERGING ARTISTS LOOKING TO SELL WORK WITH PXP CONTEMPORARY, AN ONLINE GALLERY AND CURATORIAL PLATFORM.
PxP Contemporary is expanding in 2020! We've kept up the momentum after launching last year and we want to continue to grow and work with new artists. This year, we'll primarily be looking for artists for representation or to show in our online group exhibitions. However, there is also the possibility of being presented at an art fair this fall. Upcoming shows will be focused on abstraction and contemporary craft, but our platform is always open to all artists and mediums and we will also have exhibitions (like our 1-year anniversary show!) that will not be themed. Another exciting update for us is that we have now raised our price limit to include works up to $2,500. We look forward to reviewing your art and hope to work with you!
Information and eligibility
- Artists 18+ working in any medium are welcome to submit work that is currently available for sale and is priced between $100-$2500 retail value.
- A fine art degree is not required to participate in our open call.
- Please only enter artworks that are not reserved by any other gallery or booked for exhibitions within a six month period. This timeframe is flexible if the artist's works are chosen solely for an online show with the gallery. If work is selected by our curatorial team, artists will be contacted for additional information, images and also be asked to sign a contract.
- Gallery artists should prepare quality photographs of each work that will be featured on our website, including images of the sides and details, in order for potential buyers to have a complete visual representation of your piece.
- On any works sold via our platform, the gallery will charge a 30% commission and the artist will receive 70%.
- The buyer of the artwork will cover shipping costs based on a calculated formula of weight and the intended destination.
- Artists will then be responsible for properly packing the sold work according to our specific instructions and industry standards as well as taking it to a postal location.
- Artwork will be sold as is with no refunds (hence the emphasis on accurate, high-resolution images of your work) and artists will be paid promptly upon the buyer receiving the piece.
- All art will be insured when shipping to protect both parties.
- Works will be offered unframed unless it is a part of the piece or is requested by the buyer. In this case, we will coordinate the extra costs with the client.
PLEASE PREPARE THE FOLLOWING FOR YOUR APPLICATION:
- Artist Statement and Artist Biography as a Word Document
- Artist Resume
- Up to ten (10) images of completed artworks
- Please submit only jpg files
- Images should be no more than 5MB in file size
- File Name: Images should be titled in the following manner: Last Name, First Name, a number corresponding to the image description sheet (For example: DoeJane01; DoeJane02; etc.)
- Annotated Image List: Title of work, Dimensions, Medium, Year of Completion, Price
- A non-refundable submission fee of $10 for up to ten images is required
We will continue to review applications on a rolling basis until the deadline of June 30th, 2020.
Thank you for your interest! Please email questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org