Create! Magazine is an international, independent print art magazine.
Helping fellow artists is our passion. Our goal is to create a welcoming community through our print issues and online galleries. Aside from releasing our bimonthly editions, we promote artists on our website, social media and connect them to opportunities and gallery exhibitions.
Each beautifully crafted edition features inspiring interviews, perspectives, and advice from the top creative professionals. We dedicate a significant portion of the publication to an array of artists selected by guest curators through our calls for art and contests.
We are passionate about providing opportunities for emerging and mid-career artists. Each issue is filled with vibrant contemporary art, craft, design, and inspiring stories of the makers behind it.
Create! Magazine has been featured by The Jealous Curator, Art Miami Fairs, Apartment Therapy and more.
Available in select bookstores internationally (current shops).
Founded by Ekaterina Popova
GET PUBLISHED AND SEE YOUR WORK IN PRINT!
Summer 2019 Edition
Create! Magazine is an independent contemporary arts magazine focused on highlighting the work of talented emerging and mid-career creatives from across the globe. We are pleased to announce our next call for artists for a custom designed two-page spread in our publication (both print & digital) that will feature your artist biography, website, and two images of your artwork.
Have your work seen by our 125,000+ readers and followers around the world, including leading galleries, art fairs, collectors, curators, writers, art consultants, and more. Don’t miss this opportunity to put your work out there and connect with a new audience!
ABOUT THE CURATOR:
Nina Blumberg, Art Consultant | Samuels Creative
Nina Blumberg is a full-time art consultant at the New York City-based firm Samuels Creative. Outside of work, she fills her time with freelance social media contemporary art clientele and projects, most recently engaging with the art technology space. Nina received her BA in Art History from the University of Virginia and her MA from FIT’s “Art Market: Principles & Practices” program.
Nina is also the founder of @Artstagram__,the contemporary art world Instagram account that covers art happenings and exhibitions in NYC and beyond. She enjoys engaging with art on a constant basis in both a personal and professional capacity. She can also be counted on to (overshare) life updates with original content and dad jokes on various social media platforms.
Eligibility and Requirements
ELIGIBILITY: All artists 18+ from both the US and abroad, of all genders, ethnicities, and from all backgrounds are welcome to apply. We accept works in any medium: painting, sculpture, digital art, printmaking, fiber/textile art, photography, mixed media, installation, etc. A university degree is not required to participate in our open call.
SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS: 3+ jpeg images, a text document with a bio and artist statement, website or social media link, and your email address. Please see our Submittable form for further details.
SUBMISSION FEE: $30 for 3 images (non-refundable*)
Fees go towards supporting our art community and helping provide opportunities for artists. If you are unable to pay the fee at this time, you may always submit to our blog for free and we will be happy to review your work. Please send images plus your artist biography, statement, and website to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SELECTED ARTISTS: If your work is selected by our guest juror, you will receive a custom designed two-page spread in both the print and digital versions of the magazine that will include your artist biography, website, and two images. Published artists will be sent a complimentary digital issue and will be listed as a participating artist in your issue on both our website and social media. We also promote artists individually via blog and social media posts that reach over 125,000 total followers worldwide. All featured artists will automatically be considered for any upcoming curatorial projects, not limited to art fairs, exhibitions, and gallery projects organized by our team.
WHERE TO FIND: Print copies of Create! Magazine are available in our online shop and at several global retail locations in London, New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, Amsterdam, Stockholm, Ft. Lauderdale, Wilmington (DE), and more. Digital issues can always be purchased on our website.
Deadline: May 31, 2019 (Midnight EST)
Enjoy a free download of issue 11 on us to see what we are all about!
Sell Your Work Through a New Gallery and Online Platform
PxP Contemporary is pleased to announce an open call for emerging artists looking to sell work via a new online gallery and curatorial platform, launching in 2019.
Working with Create! Magazine over the years has introduced co-founders Alicia Puig and Ekaterina Popova to incredible artists and collectors alike, and we are thrilled to be connecting the two through PxP Contemporary. Our gallery will feature rotating exhibitions along with themed collections and we are planning additional curated projects as well as art fairs for the future. Initially, we will be seeking to represent a small group of approximately ten artists. These artists’ works will be promoted during the launch of our first group show and then regularly via our website, email newsletters, solo or group exhibitions, and social media channels.
Information and eligibility
- Artists 18+ working in any medium are welcome to submit work that is currently available for sale and is priced between $100-$2000 retail value.
- A fine art degree is not required to participate in our open call.
- Please only enter artworks that are not reserved by any other gallery or booked for exhibitions within a six month period. If work is selected by our curatorial team, artists will be contacted for additional information, images and also be asked to sign a contract.
- Gallery artists should prepare quality photographs of each work that will be featured on our website, including images of the sides and details, in order for potential buyers to have a complete visual representation of your piece.
- On any works sold via our platform, the gallery will charge a 30% commission and the artist will receive 70%.
- The buyer of the artwork will cover shipping costs based on a calculated formula of weight and the intended destination.
- Artists will then be responsible for properly packing the sold work according to our specific instructions and industry standards as well as taking it to a postal location.
- Artwork will be sold as is with no refunds (hence the emphasis on accurate, high-resolution images of your work) and artists will be paid promptly upon the buyer receiving the piece.
- All art will be insured when shipping to protect both parties.
- Works will be offered unframed unless it is a part of the piece or is requested by the buyer. In this case, we will coordinate the extra costs with the client.
PLEASE PREPARE THE FOLLOWING FOR YOUR APPLICATION:
- Artist Statement and Artist Biography
- Artist Resume
- Up to ten (10) images of completed artworks
- Please submit only jpg files
- Images should be no more than 5MB in file size
- File Name: Images should be titled in the following manner: Last Name, First Name, a number corresponding to the image description sheet (For example: DoeJane01; DoeJane02; etc.)
- Annotated Image List: Title of work, Dimensions, Medium, Year of Completion, Price
- A non-refundable submission fee of $10 for up to ten images is required
We will continue to review applications on a rolling basis, but the deadline for the initial round of represented artists and the first group exhibition will be May 1, 2019.
Thank you and we look forward to reviewing your work. Email questions to: email@example.com
Website coming soon: www.pxpcontemporary.com