Create! Magazine is an independent contemporary arts magazine, curators and platform focused on highlighting the work of talented emerging and mid-career creatives from across the globe. We are pleased to announce our next juried call for artists for a custom designed two-page spread in our publication (both print & digital) that will feature your artist biography, website, and two images of your artwork.
Have your work seen by our 200,000 + readers and followers around the world, including leading galleries, art fairs, collectors, curators, writers, art consultants, and more. Don’t miss this opportunity to put your work out there and connect with a new audience to elevate your incredible art.
Create! Magazine has been featured by Colossal, Showfields, The Jealous Curator, Art Miami Fairs, Apartment Therapy, Monocle Radio, My Modern Met, Positively Creative Podcast, I Like Your Work Podcast, Art She Says, Superfine Art Fairs and more.
We are pleased to announce a new call for entries for the Create! Magazine Fifth Anniversary Print Edition 2021.
We have been publishing incredible contemporary emerging artists since 2013. In 2016, we rebranded and changed our name to Create! Magazine.
Join us in celebrating five years and thousands of emerging art features for an opportunity to have your art published in our contemporary art magazine.
We are proud to nurture a global community made up of thousands of artists, curators, collectors, art world professionals, and lovers who are always looking for the best emerging artists.
Have your work seen by our 200,000+ readers and followers around the world, including leading galleries, art fairs, collectors, curators, writers, art consultants, and more.
Our magazine has been featured by leading brands and companies including Colossal, Apartment Therapy, Jealous Curator, and Art Frankly. Over the years we have partnered with global art fairs including Art Miami, Moniker, Affordable Art Fair, and Superfine.
Print issues are available in our online shop, through Amazon, and at select independent bookstores worldwide.
Ekaterina Popova: Artist, Founder of Create! Magazine, Coach, and Entrepreneur
Alicia Puig: CEO of PxP Contemporary, Director of Create! Magazine and Arts Writer
Christina Nafziger: Curator, Editor of Create! Magazine and Arts Writer
Our calls for entry are open to all artists from every country unless we have a special edition that highlights a specific topic or interest. All styles and media are welcome. There are no educational requirements to apply to the open calls.
You must complete the application via this form to be eligible for this opportunity. Please read the format requirements carefully to avoid errors with the form. Send any questions or concerns you may have via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Artists from any country are welcome to apply with works in any medium: painting, sculpture, digital, printmaking, fiber, photography, mixed media, installation, and more.
- Artists may submit up to 10 individual (different artworks) pieces of work for consideration
- Artists must ensure high quality of images, and we recommend 300 dpi jpeg.
- Artwork images and bio must be uploaded directly to the form
- Bio and statement must be under 300 words each.
- Artwork does not have to be for sale.
Entry Deadline: August 30, 2021, 11:59 pm EST.
All artists will be notified of the final decision by October 30, 2021. If your work is selected, you will receive further information at that time.
All selected work will be included in the print issue due by the end of December 2021. Artists will have an opportunity to review their spread and make edits if necessary before print. All selected artists will receive a complimentary digital edition.
- Submission fee is $35 for 3 images (non-refundable)
- The limit of submitted artworks is 10
- Bio word limit 300
- Statement word limit 300
Create! Magazine reserves the right to use images of the artwork on its website and social media. By submitting artwork via this call, the artist agrees to the terms outlined above. The artist submitting their work understands that inclusion is not guaranteed as this is a juried opportunity. Artist retains full copyright of the work. Images will not be used by Create! Magazine aside from the print issue, interviews, social media posts.
WE ARE PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE AN OPEN CALL FOR EMERGING ARTISTS LOOKING TO SELL WORK WITH PXP CONTEMPORARY, AN ONLINE GALLERY AND CURATORIAL PLATFORM.
PxP Contemporary is pleased to announce a new call for artists for potential representation, special collections, and exhibition invitations in 2021! The gallery saw incredible growth this year and we're excited to continue to build our platform and support more emerging artists in the year ahead. We have primarily shown painting, sculpture, prints, photography, digital art, and embroidery in the past but are open to any media and also those who create handcrafted goods for our Maker of the Month collections. We look forward to reviewing your submissions and hope to work with you in the future!
Information and eligibility
- Artists 18+ working in any medium are welcome to submit work that is currently available for sale and is priced between $100-$2500 retail value. We keep artist submissions on file and consider applicants for any future projects and exhibitions.
- A fine art degree is not required to participate in our open call. This is an open call with no specific theme.
- Please only enter artworks that would not be reserved by any other gallery or booked for exhibitions within our three-month consignment period if selected. This timeframe is flexible if the artist's works are chosen solely for an online show with the gallery. If work is selected by our curatorial team, artists will be contacted for additional information, images and also be asked to sign a contract.
- Artists do not have to only submit works that are currently available for sale since we want you to show us your best work, however, we will only exhibit art that can be purchased on our site.
- Gallery artists should prepare quality photographs of each work that will be featured on our website, including images of the sides and details, in order for potential buyers to have a complete visual representation of your piece.
- On any works sold via our platform, the gallery will charge a 30% commission and the artist will receive 70%. Gallery commission should not be added to the artist's normal selling price - no exceptions.
- The buyer of the artwork will cover shipping costs based on a calculated formula of weight and the intended destination.
- Artists will then be responsible for properly packing the sold work according to our specific instructions and industry standards as well as taking it to a postal location.
- Artwork will be sold as is with no refunds (hence the emphasis on accurate, high-resolution images of your work) and artists will be paid promptly upon the buyer receiving the piece.
- All art will be insured when shipping to protect both parties.
- Works are generally offered unframed unless it is a part of the piece or is requested by the buyer. In this case, we will coordinate the extra costs with the client.
PLEASE PREPARE THE FOLLOWING FOR YOUR APPLICATION:
- Artist Statement and Artist Biography as a Word Document
- Artist Resume
- Up to ten (10) images of completed artworks
- Please submit only jpg files
- Images should be no more than 1MB in file size
- File Name: Images should be titled in the following manner: First Name-Last Name-Art-Title-a number corresponding to the image description sheet (For example: Jane-Doe-Art-Title-01; Jane-Doe-Art-Title-02; etc.)
- Annotated Image List: Title of work, Dimensions, Medium, Year of Completion, Price
- A non-refundable submission fee of $10 for up to ten images is required.
We will continue to review applications on a rolling basis until the deadline of December 31st, 2021.
Online Submission Guidelines For Artists
Create! Magazine welcomes blog submissions from artists, makers, designers and more.
Please send your work to the form below to be featured.
Published artists will be promoted through our website, as well as features on social media. Artists may be contacted for an exclusive interview or highlight in our bimonthly print issues.
For Instagram features use #createmag #createmagazine or contact us for sponsored post rates
- 5-10 jpeg images
- Website or link to social media
- Written bio and/or statement
Due to high volume, artists will only be notified if their work is accepted via e-mail or tagged on social media.