WE ARE PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE AN OPEN CALL FOR EMERGING ARTISTS LOOKING TO SELL WORK WITH PXP CONTEMPORARY, AN ONLINE GALLERY AND CURATORIAL PLATFORM.
PxP Contemporary is expanding in 2020! We've kept up the momentum after launching last year and we want to continue to grow and work with new artists. This year, we'll primarily be looking for artists for representation or to show in our online group exhibitions. However, there is also the possibility of being presented at an art fair this fall. Upcoming shows will be focused on abstraction and contemporary craft, but our platform is always open to all artists and mediums and we will also have exhibitions (like our 1-year anniversary show!) that will not be themed. Another exciting update for us is that we have now raised our price limit to include works up to $2,500. We look forward to reviewing your art and hope to work with you!
Information and eligibility
- Artists 18+ working in any medium are welcome to submit work that is currently available for sale and is priced between $100-$2500 retail value.
- A fine art degree is not required to participate in our open call.
- Please only enter artworks that are not reserved by any other gallery or booked for exhibitions within a six month period. This timeframe is flexible if the artist's works are chosen solely for an online show with the gallery. If work is selected by our curatorial team, artists will be contacted for additional information, images and also be asked to sign a contract.
- Gallery artists should prepare quality photographs of each work that will be featured on our website, including images of the sides and details, in order for potential buyers to have a complete visual representation of your piece.
- On any works sold via our platform, the gallery will charge a 30% commission and the artist will receive 70%.
- The buyer of the artwork will cover shipping costs based on a calculated formula of weight and the intended destination.
- Artists will then be responsible for properly packing the sold work according to our specific instructions and industry standards as well as taking it to a postal location.
- Artwork will be sold as is with no refunds (hence the emphasis on accurate, high-resolution images of your work) and artists will be paid promptly upon the buyer receiving the piece.
- All art will be insured when shipping to protect both parties.
- Works will be offered unframed unless it is a part of the piece or is requested by the buyer. In this case, we will coordinate the extra costs with the client.
PLEASE PREPARE THE FOLLOWING FOR YOUR APPLICATION:
- Artist Statement and Artist Biography as a Word Document
- Artist Resume
- Up to ten (10) images of completed artworks
- Please submit only jpg files
- Images should be no more than 5MB in file size
- File Name: Images should be titled in the following manner: Last Name, First Name, a number corresponding to the image description sheet (For example: DoeJane01; DoeJane02; etc.)
- Annotated Image List: Title of work, Dimensions, Medium, Year of Completion, Price
- A non-refundable submission fee of $10 for up to ten images is required
We will continue to review applications on a rolling basis until the deadline of June 30th, 2020.
Thank you for your interest! Please email questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org