WE ARE PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE AN OPEN CALL FOR EMERGING ARTISTS LOOKING TO SELL WORK WITH PXP CONTEMPORARY, AN ONLINE GALLERY AND CURATORIAL PLATFORM.
PxP Contemporary is pleased to announce a new call for artists for potential representation, special collections, and in-person or online exhibition invitations in 2023! The gallery has primarily shown painting, sculpture, prints, photography, digital art, and embroidery in the past but is open to any media and also those who create handcrafted goods for our Maker of the Month collections. We look forward to reviewing your submissions and hope to work with you in the future!
Information and eligibility
- Artists 18+ working in any medium are welcome to submit work that is currently available for sale and is priced between $100-$2500 retail value. We keep all artist submissions on file and consider applicants for any future projects and exhibitions.
- A fine art degree is not required to participate in our open call. This is an open call with no specific theme. We work with artists from around the world so you do not need to be based in the US to apply.
- Please note that if your art is selected, we work primarily on consignment and expect that the specific artworks chosen (which are agreed upon with each artist's approval) will not be booked for exhibitions with other galleries for a period of three months. This timeframe is flexible if the artist's works are chosen solely for an online show/collection with the gallery. If work is selected by our curator, artists will be contacted for additional information and images. You will be asked to sign a standard gallery/artist contract.
- Artists do not have to only submit works that are currently available for sale since we want you to show us your best work, however, we will only exhibit art that can be purchased.
- Gallery artists should prepare quality photographs of each work that will be featured on our website, including images of the sides and details, in order for potential buyers to have a complete visual representation of your piece. We prefer if you also have video content of your artwork although you do not need to submit this in your application.
- On any works sold via our platform, the gallery will charge a 30% commission and the artist will receive 70%. For works under $100, the artist receives 85% and the gallery 15%. Gallery commission should not be added to the artist's normal selling price - no exceptions.
- The buyer of the artwork will cover shipping costs based on a calculated formula of weight and the intended destination.
- Artists will then be responsible for properly packing the sold work according to our specific instructions and industry standards as well as taking it to a postal location.
- Artwork will be sold as is with no refunds (hence the emphasis on accurate, high-resolution images of your work) and artists will be paid once the buyer receives the piece.
- All art will be insured when shipping to protect both parties.
- Works are generally offered unframed unless it is a part of the piece or is requested by the buyer. In this case, we will coordinate the extra costs with the client.
PLEASE PREPARE THE FOLLOWING FOR YOUR APPLICATION:
- Artist Statement and Artist Biography as a Word Document
- Up to ten (10) images of completed artworks
- Please submit only jpg files
- Images should be no more than 1MB in file size
- File Name: Images should be titled in the following manner: First Name-Last Name-Title (For example: Jane-Doe-Title; Jane-Doe-Title; etc.)
- Annotated Image List: Title of work, Dimensions, Medium, Year of Completion, Price
- A non-refundable submission fee of $10 for up to ten images is required.
We will continue to review applications on a rolling basis until the deadline of December 31st, 2023.