Create! Magazine is an independent contemporary arts magazine focused on highlighting the work of talented emerging and mid-career creatives from across the globe. We are pleased to announce our next call for artists for a custom designed two-page spread in our publication (both print & digital) that will feature your artist biography, website, and two images of your artwork.
Have your work seen by our 125,000+ readers and followers around the world, including leading galleries, art fairs, collectors, curators, writers, art consultants, and more. Don’t miss this opportunity to put your work out there and connect with a new audience!
Create! Magazine has been featured by The Jealous Curator, Art Miami Fairs, Apartment Therapy, Monocle Radio, Thrive Art Studio, My Modern Met, Positively Creative Podcast, I Like Your Work Podcast, and more.
Available in select bookstores internationally (current shops).
WE ARE PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE AN OPEN CALL FOR EMERGING ARTISTS LOOKING TO SELL WORK WITH PXP CONTEMPORARY, A NEW ONLINE GALLERY AND CURATORIAL PLATFORM.
PxP Contemporary is growing! After a successful launch of both our gallery and our first ever exhibition ‘Pilot’ in May 2019, we are reopening our call for art to allow new artists to be considered for our platform. We will still keep the number of represented artists limited in order to be able to provide them with focused attention and resources as any traditional gallery would. However, we also realize the need in our community for more artists to be able to present their work on an international stage and therefore, have decided to invite additional artists to participate in our rotating group exhibitions throughout the year so that we can help promote the great variety of talented creatives working in the arts today.
Information and eligibility
- Artists 18+ working in any medium are welcome to submit work that is currently available for sale and is priced between $100-$2000 retail value.
- A fine art degree is not required to participate in our open call.
- Please only enter artworks that are not reserved by any other gallery or booked for exhibitions within a six month period. If work is selected by our curatorial team, artists will be contacted for additional information, images and also be asked to sign a contract.
- Gallery artists should prepare quality photographs of each work that will be featured on our website, including images of the sides and details, in order for potential buyers to have a complete visual representation of your piece.
- On any works sold via our platform, the gallery will charge a 30% commission and the artist will receive 70%.
- The buyer of the artwork will cover shipping costs based on a calculated formula of weight and the intended destination.
- Artists will then be responsible for properly packing the sold work according to our specific instructions and industry standards as well as taking it to a postal location.
- Artwork will be sold as is with no refunds (hence the emphasis on accurate, high-resolution images of your work) and artists will be paid promptly upon the buyer receiving the piece.
- All art will be insured when shipping to protect both parties.
- Works will be offered unframed unless it is a part of the piece or is requested by the buyer. In this case, we will coordinate the extra costs with the client.
PLEASE PREPARE THE FOLLOWING FOR YOUR APPLICATION:
- Artist Statement and Artist Biography as a Word Document
- Artist Resume
- Up to ten (10) images of completed artworks
- Please submit only jpg files
- Images should be no more than 5MB in file size
- File Name: Images should be titled in the following manner: Last Name, First Name, a number corresponding to the image description sheet (For example: DoeJane01; DoeJane02; etc.)
- Annotated Image List: Title of work, Dimensions, Medium, Year of Completion, Price
- A non-refundable submission fee of $10 for up to ten images is required
We will continue to review applications on a rolling basis until the end of the year, but the deadline for consideration for the next group exhibition will be October 15, 2019.
Thank you and we look forward to reviewing your work. Email questions to: email@example.com